Monday, June 25, 2012

Mixed Grill Monday

Ribs, slow cooked on the grill until they were falling off the bone.

Peppers and Onions, salted an peppered.
After the sudden appearance of a grill behind the apartment, I made plans to put it to use. And to the farmer's market I went, picking up a nice quarter rack of ribs. After some dry-rubbing with barbecue seasoning, I stuck them in the fridge to season overnight.

And then I got home from work tonight, and fired up the grill. I wrapped the ribs up in foil and slow cooked them on the grill, along with peppers and onions in another foil. The veggies were stewing in a concoction of olive oil, salt, and pepper. I found a folding chair in the basement and relaxed outside with some brews, gouda, and a good book.

Tonight's dinner was quite easy. Reflecting back, I'd suggest adding more sauce to the ribs, and poking holes in the veggie foil to let the water out. Also, the huge amount of ribs really cooked down more than I expected (there was originally meat/fat all the way to the tips of those bones). Overall, a good night, and a nice meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment