Thursday, July 26, 2012

These are a few of my Favorite Things

16 ounces of Dry-aged, Grass-fed Beef. Rib Eye cooked perfectly.

A scrumptious stir-fry of Snow Peas and Baby Bok Choy.

Like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music, I felt like skipping through mountain fields of flowers as I walked out of Whole Foods with some nicely marbled beef. Not really. It was just a Friday after three days of eating rice. This was my economic model in action: I saved up money for a few days, so I could blow it later. Oh, and I ate well.

This dinner was composed of a succulent stir-fry of snow peas and baby bok choy, and a full 16 ounce rib eye steak made with dry-aged, grass-fed beef.

I started stir-fry with olive oil in a hot pan, cooking bok choy and snow peas slowly, letting them soften up and absorb the sauces in the pan. I added in: soy sauce, some thickening/flavoring sauce made for stir-frys, chili flakes, and hoisin sauce. When the vegetables looked near completion, I cooked my steak just how I like it. You can find my steak recipe in my previous post, "Steak." It came out as I expected, with the juices seared in, tender and flavorful, and medium rare.

The dinner hit the spot, it was just what I needed after a long week.

No comments:

Post a Comment