Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken

Chicken Thighs, herb roasted, covered with Thai Maple Peanut sauce

Chicken Thighs without the sauce: Olive Oil, Oregano, Pepper, Salt

This was a simple meal. After waking up sore from a workout the day before, I craved protein. My shakes weren't cutting it - I needed real meat. So I picked up some thighs and made them perfectly, but simply. After rinsing them, I drizzled them with olive oil and rubbed in salt, freshly dried oregano, and lots of freshly ground pepper. In my cast iron pan, I cooked it at 425 degrees for around 30 minutes. I took it out, made a quick slice to ensure it was cooked, took a temperature reading for doneness, and put it on a plate. I poured on some Thai Maple Peanut sauce that I bought from a local farm, and dug in.

Apart from this delicious form of protein, I found a great way of eating a salad - raw and with a decadent meat dish. The meat was so rich that I didn't need a salad to go along with it. After eating some meat, I just took a bunch of washed lettuce in my hand and bit into it. It was a great pairing! The savory meat played with the sweet maple syrup-based peanut sauce. This all contrasted with the bitter, fresh, aqueous taste of straight lettuce. Did it look classy eating four chicken breasts and biting into handfuls of lettuce leaves? No. But it was a delicious dinner for a starving guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment