Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Garden Fresh

Some Fresh Cucumber from my mommy's garden. Also featuring olive oil, salt and pepper.

Spelt Pasta with Garlic Alfredo Sauce, mixed with garden Tomatoes and Basil
My weekend was awesome. My family came to visit me, and brought gifts! Along with a great weekend in Boston, they gave me a bunch of food from my mom's awesome garden. To start off this summer supper, I sliced some garden cucumbers and topped them with a drizzle of olive oil, some course salt, and ground black pepper. Crunchy, cool, delicious.

My main course was a very simple dish. I used some garlic alfredo sauce from the store on top of some spelt pasta, and added in an extremely flavorful garden tomato. To top it off, I shredded some basil leaves off the small plant I have growing on my windowsill. All in all, this was a simple dish and salad, but it was fresh, tasty, and fit in well with the summer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment