Thursday, August 22, 2013

Some Steakhouse Staples

Creamed Spinach, Sirloin Steak, Asparagus
An American classic - steak and spinach. I was doing my regular casual walk by the meat aisle, coyly glancing at the beef cuts while saying quietly to myself, "well, there's no hurt looking" when the thick red slabs convinced me otherwise. It would be steak tonight.

For the steak, I did my usual recipe: salt + pepper and olive oil, searing both sides in a cast iron for two minutes before finishing it in a 500 degree oven. For the asparagus, I sauteed it in the steak pan while the steak was resting after cooking. The spinach took some time, slowly cooking down an entire pot's worth of greens into a half cup of cooked spinach. I'll post the recipe below, which included some milk and butter (didn't have cream) and garlic. I also added some salt and pepper to taste.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/04/creamed-spinach-to-die-for/

No comments:

Post a Comment