Thursday, August 22, 2013

White Guy Stir Fry

Rice, Caramelized Onions, Snow peas, Cheese.
To all you cooks out there, this is not actually a stir-fry. It's nothing close. "What is it?" you might ask. Well, it's a made up dish of things that I thought would be delicious together. Maybe I cooked whatever was left in my fridge at the time, or maybe I just walked around the supermarket thinking, "what would be AWESOME to eat in a half hour?" So, after getting back from practice at 9:00 pm, I lit up the pans and got cooking.

For this meal, I cooked rice on the side while slowly caramelizing onions with some butter and olive oil. After they were almost done I threw in the snow peas, which cook quickly. A pinch of salt and sugar enhanced the flavor of the onions, and I threw it all on top of a bed of steaming rice. Lastly, I added some semi-hard cheese I had in the fridge to give the meal a salty and sour kick. the chunks of cheese quickly melted between the rice and vegetables and it all turned into a great dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment